A Sabbath Prayer

The following prayer is a work-in-progress that I've compiled with great help from Marva Dawn's book Keeping the Sabbath Wholly: ceasing, resting, embracing, feasting. I'm only half of the way through, but it has already been so helpful to me as I seek to create structure for my life in Ecuador.

Lord, grant me the ability to sense Your presense in all areas of my life.
May my work be a kind of worship unto You.
May I cease to control and allow You to be God.
May my anxiety be extinguished by Your holy flame.
May I use the gifts You have given me to be a faithful steward.
May I find comfort in the fulfillment that You alone can offer.
May I stop laboring to dominate and understand.
Lord, allow the peace Your spirit offers to fill my heart and mind that I may rest this day. Use this time of rest to foster new perspectives in me that enable me to greet Your day with energy and enthusiasm.
AMEN